1/10/10

SUSHI !!
MMMM, don't you just love Sushi?  I have to admit Sushi is one of my favorite foods, so when I saw a picture of sushi candles made from beeswax sheets I knew I just had to try my hand at making some myself.  I was quite surprised that these candles burned for about 3 to 4 hours!  Beeswax is a great natural product with a light honey scent. 
These Were Very Easy To Make
Continue Below For Instructions
SUPPLIES:  For each candle you will need White, Black, Red, Natural and Pale Green Beeswax Sheets.  There are numerous suppliers on the web and through Etsy.com  Most beeswax sheets come 8 inches wide by 16 inches long.   I purchased pre-waxed wicks for the wicking, but you can make your own if you wish.
INSTRUCTIONS:  Cut each of the colors of beeswax into strips that are about 1 inch wide by 8 inches long.  Cut the red, green and natural strips again so they are only 4 inches long.  I usually warm each of my strips up just a little bit with a hairdryer to make it easier to get a tight roll and not crack the beeswax.  Only do this very lightly though as you do not want to melt the wax :-)    Roll up the 4 inch long strips in each of the above colors, this is the middle of the sushi rolls (the 3 colors of the sushi filling).  After rolling up the red, green and natural beeswax 4 inch long strips place them around the prewaxed wick securely.  For the "rice" portion of the sushi candle you will cut the white wax sheet into 1 inch wide by 8 inch long strips.  For each sushi candle you will use two 8 inch long strips and one 4 inch long strip.  (So you will be cutting some of the 8 inch long white strips in half.)  Wrap the white strips around the 3 colors you have secured to the wick.  Now you just need to cut the black wax sheet into 1 inch wide by 8 inch long strips.  Wrap one black strip over the last white strip you put on and you are done! 

As you can see by the above pictures you can mix up the color combinations in these to get the look of different kinds of sushi.  Let me know how yours turned out or if you have any questions. (You can leave a comment or question in the comment spot below this post.)  These would make a great valentines gift for that special someone who is a sushi lover!  Hope you enjoy this little craft project!   Until next time........I wish you Peace.........

No comments:

Post a Comment